Sunday, November 16, 2008

PLN 11

In Will Richardson It’s the Parents’ Fault. Not., what matters is realization. In this entry Will is interviewing a principle of a school about his students MySpace pages. The principle thinks that it is the parent’s fault that the children don’t know how to use these sights properly. Will on the other hand thinks that it is the principles fault; he thinks that if they would teach the children at an early age why those things are wrong, then they will know in the future not to do it. I think that it matters to me because, I think my parents have taught me well enough to know what to do and what not to do with my page. But the world on the other hand, doesn’t quite grasp the concept of reality. In the real world, when you want to get hired, they owner will now look at your MySpace/Facebook page. If you have anything inappropriate or unnecessary on your page you will not be hire. As soon as the world realizes that they are being watch with everything they do, then they will stop doing the wrong thing. I don’t think that it is the parents or the principle fault. I think that the kids (the ones that are going to end up doing those bad things) are going to do whatever they want no matter what their respective elders tell them. I think that those kids have to learn from experience. Once they continuously are being rejected for jobs. They eventually will learn why and they will have no choice but to change.

No comments: